• Join Australia's next iron ore producer
• Drive the commencement of mining operations
• Build your team and create an inclusive site culture
Nathan River Resources is Australia's next iron ore producer.
The company has recently updated its Mineral Resource and Ore Reserves for the Roper Bar Iron Ore Mine, located 50 km inland from the Gulf of Carpentaria in the Northern Territory. Nathan River has consolidated the entire ‘pit-to-port' logistics chain, including open pit mines and infrastructure, private haul road, ship loading facilities and transhipping marine vessels. Iron ore mining and export operations are planned to commence in Q3 2020.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is a rare opportunity to bring your management and technical expertise to Australia's next iron ore producer during the operational readiness phase and be involved in the entire iron ore value chain.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the GM Mining Operations will manage all aspects of the mining and processing operation, build a motivated team of mining professionals and execute the mine plan to successfully achieve production rates, cost targets and product specifications for export markets.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Recruit the operations team and build a strong remote site work culture that people want to be a part of
• Develop and deliver against the mine plan, maintaining a technical overview of all aspects of the mining operation including maintenance and processing
• Ensure cost targets are met, implement improvement programs and maintain consistent product grades within target specifications
• Review, improve and implement operating practices and policies to ensure compliance with statutory obligations
• Manage contractors including the mining, haulage and camp management operators
• Develop and implement the Mine Management and Risk Management Plans to maintain the license to operate
We are seeking a highly driven and resourceful GM Mining Operations with a proven track record of achieving outstanding results in a dynamic environment. You will be a strategic thinker with a talent for operating in a lean and agile manner. Your collaborative management style and ability to be hands on will see you empower multi-disciplined teams and influence people to excel.
To be successful in this role you will require:
• Tertiary qualifications in mining engineering or a related discipline
• 10-15 years' industry experience
• Significant management experience
• Strong operational experience
• Significant contractor management exposure
• Exposure to iron ore
• Quarry Manager's ticket (preferable)
• Experience with community engagement
This is a permanent position based at the Roper Bar Iron Ore Mine in the Northern Territory.
The position will operate on a FIFO basis on a 4/3 or 8/6 rotation from Darwin. Consideration will be given to other points of hire that operate a regular flight service to Darwin.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate which includes participation in the company's STI scheme and LTIP.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a highly professional leader to provide crucial leadership while delivering superior outcomes for the Roper Bar Iron Ore Mine.
Nathan River Resources is committed to the principal of equal opportunity and provides a workplace where all employees are treated fairly, with respect and where each person's talent and contribution is maximised.
HOW TO APPLY
When submitting an application please include a cover letter and current resume. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
Queries can be directed to Linda Rogers on 0409 769 766 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to be considered for this position.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 29 MAY 2020
Please note: Interviews may commence prior to the advertised close date
Candidates will be considered via direct application only.
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role.