Dacian Gold Limited (ASX:DCN) is a gold producer and explorer operating in the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia. Production is centred at its 100%-owned Mt Morgans Gold Operation located in the Laverton region of Western Australia.
Dacian Gold is seeking to employ a Mine Geology Manager for the Mt Morgans Gold Operation. The role is responsible for site leadership across both underground and open pit mine geology operations and is offered on 8/6, 4/3 Fly In Fly Out roster from Perth to Laverton. The role reports to the General Manager - Mt Morgans Gold Operation with a close working relationship with the General Manager - Geology and Exploration.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct supervision and guidance across all mine geology functions within both open pit and underground operations;
- Custodian of the monthly mine to mill reconciliation process;
- Responsibility for grade control practices across the operation to optimise mined grade and to minimise ore loss and dilution;
- Planning and management of near-mine resource definition programs;
- Leading a culture of technical excellence;
- Ensuring that geological standards are contemporary and in line with industry standards;
- Maintenance of mine geology systems and procedures;
- Reporting of production performance and systems;
- Working closely with other stakeholders onsite, including management, technical services and mining contractors;
- Statutory application and reporting obligations.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria;
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology, which is supported by an extensive employment history in senior operational geology roles in both open pit and underground environments;
- Highly skilled in the completion of mine to mill reconciliation;
- Proven ability in leading technical excellence and geological performance;
- Technical capacity and understanding across geology, mining engineering and metallurgy;
- Resource modelling expertise and use of relevant mining software;
- Significant open pit and underground mine geology experience;
- Proven history leading a cohesive and high achieving mine geology team.
Please submit a CV and brief introductory letter addressing the above criteria via the Dacian Gold careers page (https://www.daciangold.com.au/site/careers/employment-opportunities)
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note: We respectfully request that there are no approaches from recruitment agencies in relation to this role. We will be accepting applications and enquiries from direct applicants only.